We believe everyone deserves opportunities to live a good life.
United Ways of California was formed in 2008 by California’s local United Ways seeking to work together to advocate for the expansion of policies and programs that support our three foundational pillars of education, health, and financial empowerment. We work to lower the barrier to entry for opportunities so that all Californians in every corner of the Golden State can easily access a good quality of life.
To build a better, thriving California, we:
- Create educational pathways for our youth to reach their potential and live a long, healthy, and productive life
- Improve health outcomes by giving families the tools and resources they need to manage all aspects of their health
- Help families become economically stable through comprehensive financial empowerment programs
- Connect Californians to supportive tools and resources, including during times of crisis
- Advocate for changes to systems and policies to expand and support life-changing education, income, and health programs for all Californians
Creating a better California begins with ensuring every Californian has equitable access to opportunities that allow them to thrive. Advancing the common good is less about helping one person at a time and more about changing systems to benefit all of us. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families are financially stable, and when people are healthy. Through statewide coordination, education, outreach, and advocacy, we aim to not just make systemic change to uplift California as a whole — we aim to reach every Californian in need, regardless of race, age, or economic status.
To make lasting change for California we must all come together to support programs and policies that protect our most vulnerable community members. In California, that is what it means to Live United: everyone in the community working together to create a brighter future for all of us.